Last month I (Nate) turned 31!
Pretty surreal really. I recently took a moment and did a brain dump of some of some of the lessons I've learned throughout my journey so far.
So here goes, I hope they are an encouragement:
31 Lessons in 31 Years
1. Change happens from the inside out.
2. God is in control, even when it doesn't feel like it.
3. Sticks and stones can break bones, but words can cause hurt in worse ways.
4. You can't heal what you don't reveal.
5. We're not as good as we think we are and not as bad as we think we are.
6. The days are long but the years are short.
7. Hard work and heart work are both needed for a full life.
8. There's a difference between winning and success...but it doesn't mean you can't have both.
9. Our bodies are capable of more than we give them credit for.
10. If I think I can or I think I can't, I'm usually right.
11. The little things are the big things.
12. Loving our neighbor as ourselves doesn't go well if we don't love ourselves.
13. Everyone is wired differently, it's time well spent to get to know yourself and others.
14. Unexpressed gratitude doesn't help anyone.
15. Trying to do everything alone it dumb.
16. Fear is a feeling and action is the cure.
17. We are all wired differently, get to know yourself and others.
18. Money is a great tool and a terrible end goal.
19. One coach can impact and entire community.
20. Everyone, especially athletes, can misplace their identity in something other than being a child of God.
21. Abiding in Christ produces better results than striving in our own strength.
22. Humility is HUGE.
23. Prayer is powerful.
24. No one wins when someone gossips.
25. It's easy to underestimate the value of self care, busyness should not be worn as a badge of honor.
26. Fresh air is good for the soul.
27. Some of the best wisdom is simple, but not easy to apply.
28. Pleasing God and pleasing other people may lead you down different paths.
29. Forgiveness might be the best kept secret of the Christian faith.
30. Kids pick up on way more things way earlier than I ever thought.
31. There's always one more part of someone's story we know nothing about comparison is a trap.
AND FINALLY...Jesus is coming back and we already know who wins...THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
P.s. - All this 31 talk has me craving some Baskin Robbins Ice Cream :)
What would you add? Comment below